Strange password change

Hello, I have a little question: I have changed the admin password and when i try to log from domain.ext/instal/login it give me a credential error, but if I log in from portal I can either login and go on administration zone.

There is something to fix this strange error?
Thank you in advance!

Tagged:

Comments

• It might be the version you are on. Which version are you using?

• had issue with 4.10 and still with 5.1.0 p1

• That's odd as the bug was fixed. Perhaps you need to clear the old password out and do a new one.

• doing it again you mean? but from user interface or admin interface?

• It depends on where you set it. There is a user password and an admin password. Many don't use the admin password. I'm not sure which one you set.

• Well, once I installed socialengine the admin password was the same as login and as admin. But now is working fine I have follow the suggestion and changed on the admin panel.

• err no talked too early, still same issue hehe

• Try upgrading to 5.2.

• You should be able to reach the yoursite.com/install page to upgrade. If not, there are steps posted at the SE community for how to go in the database and disable the admin password for a temp solution

• I have 5.2 but the issue is stupid I can reach install from the admin panel going on "packages and "plugins"

• Sorry for the late reply. Did you solve it? Usually that is from mod_security, or folder permissions or sometimes openbase_dir as that shouldn't be enabled.