SocialEngine 4.9.2 Released!

SocialEngine has released version 4.9.2.

This version has some bug fixes and small improvements. There's also an important patch to load before you upgrade. Make sure to check the blog for full instructions. The upgrade tutorial at #SocialEngine has also been updated with the new step. After 4.9.2, that patch step won't be needed to be done. It's just for upgrading to 4.9.2 from other versions.

More details are at:
SocialEngine 4.9.2 Release Blog

I'll be upgrading my author site to this version soon. ScriptTechs' main still has work to be done so we can archive the tutorials before changing.

beast-usa

Comments

• I'll be upgrading my author site to this version soon.....which one is ur author site???

data66
  • Thanks I will read the release lol I just got to 4.9.1 and I'm REALLY HAPPY with it!

data66
  • @vizruta said:
    I'll be upgrading my author site to this version soon.....which one is ur author site???

My author site is not one I share as I only want people interested in books (writing or reading) and it's very small atm as I don't promote it. I will be after my book release in a few months. :)

vizrutabeast-usa
  • My upgrade went fine. No issues. Looks so good with Insignia theme. :) Plus my Uplinks and Buffer plugins that I make for FREE.

beast-usa
  • I looked at your author site....looks awesome!!!! Yes, I am a part time stalker :smiley:

vizrutadata66beast-usa
  • @JohnJr said:
    I looked at your author site....looks awesome!!!! Yes, I am a part time stalker :smiley:

how come u get to see and i dont :neutral:

JohnJr
  • @JohnJr said:
    I looked at your author site....looks awesome!!!! Yes, I am a part time stalker :smiley:

Thanks :) Using default SE theme for now. I felt the version was strong enough to upgrade.

JohnJr
  • @vizruta said:

@JohnJr said:

how come u get to see and i dont :neutral:

She didn't give it to me...I am an internet stalker :wink:

data66vizrutabeast-usa
  • I have just updated my website to 4.9.2 and wow it is superfaster than previous versions!

vizrutadata66beast-usa
  • That's great to hear! Yes there are various improvements in each version. It should keep getting better as bug fixes also can improve loading. There are only about 29 open bugs.

JohnJrbeast-usa
  • @Ramses said:
    I have just updated my website to 4.9.2 and wow it is superfaster than previous versions!

Good to hear I was very Happy with the speed of 4.9.1! I'm upgrading mine tomorrow night end of the month I have more time!

I'm so totally happy with SE!

• All good went smooth as ice! LOL Already have all my personal things modded!

data66Ramses
  • Uhg coming over to SE from phpfox and just spoke to a coder who works on both and I said which do you like better. He said they are both good but the loading time on SE is slower than phpfox , =(

• Not for me. My sites are fast. It's all in your server setup. I use cazaratech.

• yes I cant use them as they dont support my chat server setup.. Anything special I need to know to make it faster? Thanks

• I use cazaratech. I would say use their hosting.

• Did you check with some other chat server or did you ask if there are other options? I know a site with over 10k members using a chat on their hosting.

• edited November 2017

Yes I have a site with waaay over 10k members and had it on same server but I asked the guy you recommended me to and he told me cant do it has to be separate server. Too late now I already set up with my host... =/

• You should have done it his way. He only mentions things that are definitely needed. Hers is on separate because a chat takes a lot of resources and should be on a separate server. You will end up with issues having it on the same server.

• edited November 2017

Im doing it the way he told me with my host, separate server. He does not support red5, so he cant do it =(

• Oh I see. I don't use chat on my sites so wasn't sure.