TinyMCE Forum Plugin Tag Problem

Hi,
First of all, I do apologize for my bad English.

I have a SocialEngine site and having a small issue with tinymce in forum plugin.
Everytime me or any member of the site trying to make new topic or replying a topic,

and

tag always appeared on the result page.
Screenshot when creating a new topic as below :
error1

Screenshote result page :
error2

This issue only happen in forum module, but in blog module tinymce is works fine. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for posting.

TinyMCE is updated and improved for SE 4.9. You might need to wait and upgrade to that when it is released soon.

I can test things a little later today though.

• Oh ok. I think you need to enable html in the forum for that but I'll go test.

• Yeah I'm still testing but on current version seems to have this issue if html is disabled. I can edit the posts and remove the p tags and the text shows fine.

This is fixed in 4.9 though. I tested.

• @lenk said:
    Hi,
    First of all, I do apologize for my bad English.

I have a SocialEngine site and having a small issue with tinymce in forum plugin.
    Everytime me or any member of the site trying to make new topic or replying a topic,

and

tag always appeared on the result page.

Screenshot when creating a new topic as below :
    error1

Screenshote result page :
    error2

This issue only happen in forum module, but in blog module tinymce is works fine. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

I guess you disabled HTML CODE in forum global settings. Try to enable it from your plugin. It's not a bug

• ah it fixed!
    thank you data66 and adepeter
    I was afraid that if I enable this option, our member will put any HTML code so it will mess the forum looks.

But, thank you very much for the solution

Have a nice day

• You're welcome. You would want to upgrade to 4.9 when it is released as it is fixed for disabling html in the forum. I also disable it.

• edited March 2017

@data66 I migrated my SE to another host and had a fresh install. But there is this little challenge am facing - Tinymce doesn't pop up as text editor anymore on forum and other fields

• Try a different browser. Check with Opera and see or Seamonkey browser. See if it's a browser conflict. Try cazaratech (they changed their name from phpfoxsolutions) where I host. Their vps is only $5 per month.

adepeter
  • @data66 said:
    Try a different browser. Check with Opera and see or Seamonkey browser. See if it's a browser conflict. Try cazaratech (they changed their name from phpfoxsolutions) where I host. Their vps is only $5 per month.

Thanks. I will try another browser. Tho seems not to be working on Mozilla and also on Mobile browsers.

But i will give it a trial on Opera. Morealso, i will checkout the host you recommended above

• I suggest to check with inspect element and see if there are javascript errors showing. It could be a conflict on your site.

• @data66

Everything is ok. No conflicting javascript error. Yet Tinymce toolbar isn't popping up.

• edited March 2017

I hope its not the php version 5.6.30

• No it works fine for me in that PHP version.

• Do you have html enabled in the forum?

• Yea. I Ve both bbcode and html enabled

• Check with inspect element.