CSS Help in SocialEngine.

Ok I still can't force the Groups & Pages header to line-up correctly unless I add this to each page or group. :(
And that is just to much work!

.layout_page_header .layout_main {
    width: 100%; !important;
}

If I edit this in theme.css. "width: 100%;" ad, remove, size, percentage, !important;
Nothing changes. :(

.layout_page_header .layout_main
{
  text-align: right;
  margin: 0px auto 0px auto;
}

Using inspect !important; never shows up and 100% is always lined-out no matter where or how many times I add it.
And the "Element" changes the size depending on the size of the window in the browser but it's always px
Like this. :( but this " width: 100%;" is always lined-out.

.layout_page_header .layout_main
element.style {
    width: 1497px;
    margin: 0px auto;
}
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto 0 auto;
}

I thought adding !important; would make it IMPORTANT LOL

Like I said editing the Custom CSS of each page it works but editing theme or constants css does nothing.

Anyone have any suggests on what I can try?

Comments

• Instead of this

Try this

width: 100% !important;

beast-usadata66
  • Well now it's not working even editing the group or page css GRRRR

element.style {
        width: 1497px;
        margin: 0px auto;
    }
    .layout_page_header .layout_main { (GUESSING this is is what I added to the group CSS)
    }
        margin: 0 auto 0 auto;
    }

Both 100% have a line through them and the header is stuck at 1487px :(
    And again the the whole site works ONLY pages & groups have this problem.

• @JohnJr said:
    Instead of this

Try this

width: 100% !important;

I think I have I will try it right now thanks!

• edited January 2017

LOL Thank you so much! ";" that was it I have looked at it a hundred times and didn't notice I had an extra ";" in there! Should have asked days ago! :)

JohnJrdata66
  • Yeah...I spent days one time trying to figure out this piece of code and why it would not work and I called my brother in-law who at that time was one the big wigs in the IT Department at Backboard and in less than 3 minutes he seen notice I had the wrong quote marks...it was depressing thinking I was never going to get that time back over a "

data66
  • I guess that's why it did work in Custom for the group originally I left out the extra ";" LOL

• So true just what I was thinking HOW COULD I MISS THAT!!! And all that time I wasted I think after 50 copy & paste I must have added it in there somewhere!

But thank you very much John! I will never make that error again! :)

JohnJr
  • We do css fixes in your support too. :)

beast-usa
  • @JohnJr said:
    Yeah...I spent days one time trying to figure out this piece of code and why it would not work and I called my brother in-law who at that time was one the big wigs in the IT Department at Backboard and in less than 3 minutes he seen notice I had the wrong quote marks...it was depressing thinking I was never going to get that time back over a "

I don't see any quotes in your post above.

beast-usa
  • edited January 2017

@data66 said:
    We do css fixes in your support too. :)

I know :) I think of my Bryzar like my AAA or a safety net for my site. If I can do it I will but if something goes wrong and I break the site or just can't do it. I have BRYZAR protection! :)

data66
  • Have you tried making sure your CSS code is correct in the CSS editor or CSS filter? Check your web page for errors tools exist out there two, if you wanted to check a quick edit.
    I love the CSS editor in social engine. Everything seems so clean and organized. I only wish we had a template editor, I mean full on every page of your website template and database editor built in to the platform. AS well as an html editor. AS well as a code designer.

beast-usa