How to add more bbcode tags on socialengine

edited January 2017 in SocialEngine

Hello donnah and other members, its been a while and i must confess, you all are actually doing a great job on this forum.

I have a little challenge about my socialengine. I will like to add more BBCODE/show more bbcode code tags to the toolbar menu of my tinymce.

data66

Comments

• I'm making a tutorial for adding more buttons to TinyMCE. I hope to have it done in a few hours. I will post a link to it here.

• You had mentioned in PM that you wanted to add Smileys. Are you wanting to add that or something else?

• I was only citing that as an example.. But if its possible, you could include the smiley toolbar alongside other important text editor tools such as line break, spoiler etc

• Ok this is the general tutorial Adding or removing TinyMCE buttons and it should give you a good idea on how to proceed.

Let me know if you have questions and always backup your site files you'll be working on, as mentioned in the tutorial, before you start working on them.

I also recommend keeping a "changes" folder on your computer with any changed files and notes so that you'll have them when you upgrade as source edits are overwritten on upgrading.

adepeter
  • Am a bit confused but i will keenly follow and digest the steps. Thanks data66

• You're welcome. If you don't know how to do this stuff, try it on a development site instead.

• edited January 2017

I was able to do it. Kudos data66

data66
  • Great :) Just remember to keep a copy and notes for when you upgrade as it will get overwritten.