Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

PF- Follow option for blogs/photos/posts. Potentially profiles too.

edited July 2016 in phpFox

We are looking for an option to follow a post/blog/photo comments.

As writers, we are sometimes doing 40-50 posts in one area, each responding in character. When that's over, you have a thread/scene for people to read. A lot of times people want to be notified when something is added to a friend's roleplay item, but they hate having to comment on it and break the flow. There are times you'll see 50 "following" comments added to someone's roleplaying thread, and it can get invasive.

What we're thinking is if there was a follow option to click, maybe it could actually add a record in the database like the person commented, but not show anything front end. So when a new comment is added, they'll get a notification that a new comment was added so they can go read as a fan, without actually participating in a private thread between characters.

Another time is, sometimes we have friends that we want to keep as friends, but we really don't want to see their 100th photo posted that day, or their latest out of character rant, we just want to see the writing. It'd be nice to be able to "Follow" a profile or "Unfollow" a profile, to where you can choose if you want their content in your main feed or not. Obviously this is more intensive and since feed is easily broken, something that's just a kind of wish on the horizon, but I figured I'd post here too since they're both different options for following something.

I'm on v3.8, with 3.9 patches.