Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

Netbeans IDE

For my local development, I use Netbeans IDE. I love it for my projects. I have two set ups:

Macbook Pro
Mamp Pro

and

Win 10
Xampp

I have come to prefer the Macbook with Mamp Pro over the Win 10 set up.

From the Netbeans site:

An IDE is much more than a text editor. The NetBeans Editor indents lines, matches words and brackets, and highlights source code syntactically and semantically. It lets you easily refactor code, with a range of handy and powerful tools, while it also provides code templates, coding tips, and code generators.

The editor supports many languages from Java, C/C++, XML and HTML, to PHP, Groovy, Javadoc, JavaScript and JSP. Because the editor is extensible, you can plug in support for many other languages.

Webwolf

Comments

• I also use netbeans.

data66
  • I use Komodo Edit, but I've also used NetBeans and like it.

data66
  • A little off-topic, but I have to say that Mamp Pro is excellent! When I found it I'm sure I heard angels singing.

data66
  • Personally I'm a Windows person myself. Can't really stand the idea of Macs (just don't like them, let's not open that can of beans). The only thing I can stand using Netbeans for is Java (learning currently in Uni, and only using cause I'm forced to) - why do you all prefer it over something simple and lightweight like Notepad++ or TextWrangler? Curious to know what all the fuss is about with these programs that have 1001 features that are nearly never used.

data66
  • I use it as an IDE. Works great for that. I used to use Notepad++ on win. Loved it too. It depends on what I need to do.

• A few reasons I prefer to use a dedicated IDE is for things like... error checking on the fly, colored text, and autocomplete. Probably the error checking on the fly has benefited me more than anything since I'm a complete newbie at coding.

data66