Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

Server Setup for IM Module phpfox 4.5.2

does anyone know where there is a tutorial on how to setup the IM module in phpfox app IM?

https://docs.phpfox.com/display/FOX4MAN/Server+Setup+for+IM+Module

Comments

• can you clarify the question or is it you have found and posted your own answer to it?
    i don't think i personally can help you with this but to myself and perhaps others, it looks to be a self-answered question.
    so if still needing help with this further information might allow one to see it is open and still in need of a response so it is not just passed by by misunderstanding.

its a bit of a lame tutorial provided so even with the link the question having been answered is still debatable
    is there a specific section of their provided tutorial you are having trouble with if still troubled?

larse
  • I believe cazaratech.com hosting might do that for their clients. Check with them as their pricing reduced recently.

DuCarlionlarse
  • edited August 2017
    where do I get the chat server key?

chat_server_key: server key, remember it to configure in ACP
        redis: information of your Redis server: host, port, and password

module.exports = {
        port: 3000,
        chat_server_key: "your-chat-server-key",

• Maybe try cometchat instead. It might use less resources and it's easier to set up.

• edited August 2017

cometchat purchasable through phpfox is a great version also.
    i still have little idea what they removed from their lowest subscription level and for chat rooms, mail and footer chat it works great for a lot less than buying from their site.

as far as i can work out from the tutorial the chat_server_key is what is entered within the IM modules admin screen within ( ACP ) phpfox administration control panel ( so you invent it? )

it appears more confusing than needed as described in the tutorial.
    i have not done this process so this is untested

but try copy a random string id assume numbers and letters using - in place of spaces into both the admin panel module settings in phpfox and the config file being edited
    if both are the same it may well work without further configuration ( no info could mean just that )

** this is untested **
    if works try adding symbols to your key also for added security removing if that then breaks