All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial
. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
Installing ScriptTechs Random Polls Widget for SocialEngine
Note that the only place to get our #SocialEngine plugin, Random Polls Widget, is at the SocialEngine Marketplace. It is a free download. If you find it anyplace else, that would be an illegal copy and could contain back doors and malware. Why get an illegal copy when you can get the original free?
Our basic installation instructions should get you started. After you have the plugin installed, here's how to configure it to show:
- Navigate to Appearance > Layout Editor
- You'll need to manually place it on the pages you want it. Our demo has it on the member home page.
- On the right, under Available Blocks, scroll down to Widgets and find ScriptTechs Random Polls.
- Drag it to the left and place it under or above all of the green blocks that are already there. Click Edit and set the settings as you want them (screenshot below) and Save Changes.
- Check front end and it will show where you placed it.
The screenshot below shows the block.
- “Save Changes” when done in the popup edit screen.
- “Save Changes” again at the Layout Editor screen or your new settings won’t take effect.
You choose how many polls show in the block.
If you like this freebie, please rate it on the SE marketplace.