Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

V3: How to embed components (controllers & blocks) within another web app

edited June 2016 in phpFox

@data66

I read the articles regarding apps creation (phpFox V3) and understand now how to get access to the modules methods through the API service to provide a "web service" (-> REST). This API allows to get and to manipulate the (raw) data. This is great.

However, what if I would like to reuse the existing UI of a component (controller and/or block) on a different (externally hosted) server like a partial "web app". Is there any recommended approach to do so, i.e. to embed components (i.e. single controllers and/or blocks) including there existing user interface? For instance, display the feed of a given (phpFox) user on the "profile page of this user" which is part of a different (non-phpFox) web app.

Comments