Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

TinyMCE Forum Plugin Tag Problem

Hi,
First of all, I do apologize for my bad English.

I have a SocialEngine site and having a small issue with tinymce in forum plugin.
Everytime me or any member of the site trying to make new topic or replying a topic,

and

tag always appeared on the result page.
Screenshot when creating a new topic as below :
error1

Screenshote result page :
error2

This issue only happen in forum module, but in blog module tinymce is works fine. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for posting.

TinyMCE is updated and improved for SE 4.9. You might need to wait and upgrade to that when it is released soon.

I can test things a little later today though.

• Oh ok. I think you need to enable html in the forum for that but I'll go test.

• Yeah I'm still testing but on current version seems to have this issue if html is disabled. I can edit the posts and remove the p tags and the text shows fine.

This is fixed in 4.9 though. I tested.

• @lenk said:
    Hi,
    First of all, I do apologize for my bad English.

I have a SocialEngine site and having a small issue with tinymce in forum plugin.
    Everytime me or any member of the site trying to make new topic or replying a topic,

and

tag always appeared on the result page.

Screenshot when creating a new topic as below :
    error1

Screenshote result page :
    error2

This issue only happen in forum module, but in blog module tinymce is works fine. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

I guess you disabled HTML CODE in forum global settings. Try to enable it from your plugin. It's not a bug

• ah it fixed!
    thank you data66 and adepeter
    I was afraid that if I enable this option, our member will put any HTML code so it will mess the forum looks.

But, thank you very much for the solution

Have a nice day

• You're welcome. You would want to upgrade to 4.9 when it is released as it is fixed for disabling html in the forum. I also disable it.

• edited March 2017

@data66 I migrated my SE to another host and had a fresh install. But there is this little challenge am facing - Tinymce doesn't pop up as text editor anymore on forum and other fields

• Try a different browser. Check with Opera and see or Seamonkey browser. See if it's a browser conflict. Try cazaratech (they changed their name from phpfoxsolutions) where I host. Their vps is only $5 per month.

adepeter
  • @data66 said:
    Try a different browser. Check with Opera and see or Seamonkey browser. See if it's a browser conflict. Try cazaratech (they changed their name from phpfoxsolutions) where I host. Their vps is only $5 per month.

Thanks. I will try another browser. Tho seems not to be working on Mozilla and also on Mobile browsers.

But i will give it a trial on Opera. Morealso, i will checkout the host you recommended above

• I suggest to check with inspect element and see if there are javascript errors showing. It could be a conflict on your site.

• @data66

Everything is ok. No conflicting javascript error. Yet Tinymce toolbar isn't popping up.

• edited March 2017

I hope its not the php version 5.6.30

• No it works fine for me in that PHP version.

• Do you have html enabled in the forum?

• Yea. I Ve both bbcode and html enabled

• Check with inspect element.