Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

Social Engine 503 Error - Server Not Available

edited March 2017 in SocialEngine

Well, this is interesting. SocialEngine just came back online (after being down for a short stint with a 503 Error - Server Not Available), along with the news in the back-end (admin) of my site and the menu for the front end of my site. That's a level of dependency I wasn't aware of and somewhat concerns me. ~MDNobles~

Comments

• Hi,

I checked with the SocialEngine core developers and the menu issue on front end is not something caused by any outage at SE. You might need a support ticket to have someone check your site as they said only the news block might have had some latency and only cause a slow loading news block in admin.

Hope that helps. :)

• Oh NO! Not one of those call home scripts that kill your site when the mothership has an outage... Please keep us updated on your findings. I am having difficulties coming to terms with migrating to other scripts because of the likes of this, and finding trustworthy developers!

That's a level of dependency I wasn't aware of and somewhat concerns me. ~MDNobles~

• It doesn't kill the site. My own site was fine and has been fine.

• Since there were no other clients with any issues during that time, this had to be a fluke with a third party add on.

beast-usa
  • Hmmm. Another "503 Service Unavailable" at SE's website? I know it doesn't affect live PHP client sites, as data explained above, but does it affect SE Cloud sites? This is twice now in 2 days. (I just wanted to download the trial. I swear it's not my fault. :D )

• There was a maintenance issue. It's being fixed. Sorry about that. Cloud sites are on a different set up.

Kirkusbeast-usa
  • It looks like it's working now.

• Woops. Still doing the maintenance. Sorry about that again. It's almost done though.

• Ok now it's done lol

Kirkus