Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

Social Engine - SEAO - TinyMCE Spell Check

I really can't believe it's not already enabled! LOL Using the SocialEngineAddons "Groups / Communities Plugin & Directory / Pages Plugin" You need TinyMCE if you want to post anything. :) No spell check was the first thing everyone told me was another problem on the site. :) I have my members calling me & emailing me with anything they don't like or can't get to work since the move to Social Engine.

Anyway the easiest one I found was this script add it on the "General Setting" page (in AdminCP) at the bottom.
It will force browser spell check inside the TinyMCE boxes.
I found it on the tinymce.com site.

<script>tinymce.init({
  selector: 'textarea',  // change this value according to your HTML
  browser_spellcheck: true,
  contextmenu: false
});
</script>

I tried three different spell checkers two that cost over $100! Thank god you get to try before you buy! LOL
This simple code seems to work fine so far.

data66