Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

I’ve Resigned from phpFox

Founding phpFox has been such a big change in my life and I am so grateful for the opportunity it gave me and the others on my team for over a decade. I wish I could thank each and every client for giving us this opportunity.

Donna and I will be reaching out to the community so we can start work on developing affordable quality apps based on what the community feels is needed in order to improve phpFox. We will also be taking in custom projects for those looking to create unique features for their community.

Stay tuned for further updates.

I wish all the best to phpFox and would like to thank Donna for creating and providing ScriptTechs to clients and giving me the opportunity to work with her once again.

Zixia604data66KirkusphpFoxerMDNoblesbeast-usaelsharaAndre

Comments

• edited October 2016

@Raymond Benc said:
    Founding phpFox has been such a big change in my life and I am so grateful for the opportunity it gave me and the others on my team for over a decade. I wish I could thank each and every client for giving us this opportunity.

Donna and I will be reaching out to the community so we can start work on developing affordable quality apps based on what the community feels is needed in order to improve phpFox. We will also be taking in custom projects for those looking to create unique features for their community.

Stay tuned for further updates.

I wish all the best to phpFox and would like to thank Donna for creating and providing ScriptTechs to clients and giving me the opportunity to work with her once again.

Thank you for everything Ray as I know this wasn't an easy time for you. I look forward to working with you on the apps for phpFox and SE clients, and many other things. Without you and the script you made, this site wouldn't have existed and I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet some truly great people.

Raymond Bencbeast-usa
  • what is happening here....is he the owner of phpfox and if he has resigned who is taking care of phpfox...are you sure it is not ending....now iam feeling insecure

• edited October 2016

phpFox is not ending and is in the hands of others. You might find a thread or two about it on ST by other clients who google searched months ago.

• Thanks for all that you have done... and will do... for the community Ray! I have a custom project lined up for you once you get settled :)

data66vizrutaRaymond Benc
  • I should note that my other partner here is also still involved. :) Whatever we do, all three of us will be involved like the Three Musketeers. :)

vizrutametroMDNobles
  • edited October 2016

Congratulations Ray! Now start working on a better script and get the old team back together. It is evident that you have skills, put phpFox to sleep, like several of us did when we smelt the... Your skill set is not worthy of the company that has previously been discussed in this here forum. :)

vizrutadata66Raymond Benc
  • whatever u guys think about doing ..please consider one aspect of how to migrate existing people from fox to your new project...i would like to move where u move...

data66Raymond BencliviuMDNobles
  • Welcome Raymond...hope we can do great things together.

data66vizruta
  • I'm so proud of both of you, and can't wait to see what we can create together. Just gotta.... erm... start digging up pennies from the couch and things. :)

data66vizrutabeast-usa
  • edited October 2016

hey everyone, after using phpfox for about 6 years this is the announcement i was afraid of since several months. i dont know why but there was that feeling something is going wrong. now i am on that point using the script with two licenses and one of the sites is growing fast. the point is... i am not sure what the future will bring for us phpfox users. it would be nice if phpfox could tell us what is going on and what will come so we can be sure to get future updates of that nice script... if someone knows more than i do please send me a message ;)

vizrutadata66
  • We are still supporting phpFox for those that need support. If that helps.

Kirkusbeast-usa
  • We still also have plans for ScriptTechs hopefully this year. Our leaving and posting of it was not to cause a panic. For those that wanted to stay on phpFox, do so as we are making apps for v3 and v4. For those that already wanted to leave, check out SocialEngine (noting that a new release is coming hopefully by end of this year :) )

KirkusMDNobles
  • does SE has inhouse mobile app

• Not yet but the 4.9 theme is responsive. I've not tested current responsiveness though. There is a 30 day free trial. http://blog.socialengine.com/2015/07/09/introducing-the-se-php-4-9-0-roadmap/ Please open a new thread to ask more about SE. :)

• done ... but i need mobile app which is must n my country

• I don't see your thread here. If you mean you opened one.

• edited November 2016

@vizruta said:
    done ... but i need mobile app which is must n my country

There are third party apps. We (BryZar) are looking at making mobile in the future but that's not for this thread.

vizrutaMDNoblesJohnJr
  • @vizruta said:
    does SE has inhouse mobile app

We provide API powered, Native iOS & Android Mobile Apps for the SocialEngine platform. These native apps make the best use of mobile phone capabilities and mobile designs. For more details, please visit: https://www.socialengineaddons.com/socialengine-ios-iphone-android-mobile-apps-subscriptions . For any queries, please drop in a note to us from: https://www.socialengineaddons.com/contact , and we will get back to you quick!

data66vizrutaMDNoblesspaninet
  • @vizruta said:
    does SE has inhouse mobile app

They do, I use SEAO mobile app which is by far the best

vizrutabeast-usa
  • edited November 2016

@steppas thank you very much ....is it running smoothly as i tested their android mobile app and found few bugs/issues in it...

• The design of PHPfox has always been highly flawed. They didn't have a good theme base nor add on base for developers and new users to build upon. It was and is still very old in design. The best thing I can say to express my point is that it's not very modern. There is no simple way to do anything. There is no admin manager that allows MAJOR changes to the way the script works. YOu always need an addon for anything.
    Modern scripts have a simple theme system, a simple add on system with a simple way to code to get what you want when you are making an addon or theme.

I think SE and my current script I am using are on the right track. I think phpfox is doomed. They still use html from ages AGO UNCHANGED.

The new codes and addon in my current script I notice is already allowing instant function design and a simple theme ability to add bars, emues, and such. So modern.

Nuff said, glad Raymond and the team will switch to SE. We need to support what will grow and help us back. Not some dead old html script from 1900's.

data66beast-usa
  • i signed back up so i could say
    HA
    HA
    HA
    you know to whom i be speaking
    good luck with socialengine Mr Blanc
    i also hope you try your hand once again at this kind of thing

data66beast-usa
  • I would assume you are talking to me since we are best friends :wink:

DuCarliondata66beast-usa
  • dont feel alone yet buddy ~( =