PHPFox Mod Pbay - Suddenly says my license key isn't valid (IT IS!) And I can't find them on line

2»

Comments

• @Farberama said:

Hi, Where did you see that error code from?

• I've sent him another message earlier. Will see if he responds. I mean Brandon.

Safari
  • that error was the only thing I got whenever I tried to access my site. I'm not sure the problem was caused by PBay. I made that assumption after reading this thread due to the error I was getting.

Safari
  • Thanks Data! Thanks Farberama, I thought that is what you meant but wanted to be sure in case I missed checking something. My site is fine - just the auctions are down. When I go to the auction page it has the auto message that it is down for maintenance but on the back side from admin it shows my key isn't valid. It is - and has been since I purchased it.

• Ok I got this installed on local and it works fine. The "verified" is green without even having a license key in there. It looks like he solved it on his end somehow for the callbacks to return verified. You might need to try reinstalling it (backup the site first) or something. I am using the most current version that had been released. 3.0.9

• If you already have auctions though, then you wouldn't want to remove it as it would remove the auctions too.

• @data66 said:
    Ok I got this installed on local and it works fine. The "verified" is green without even having a license key in there. It looks like he solved it on his end somehow for the callbacks to return verified. You might need to try reinstalling it (backup the site first) or something. I am using the most current version that had been released. 3.0.9

Thank you Data, At this moment, auctions is back up again - like it has been coming up every once in a while BUT from admin it is still lit up red next to the license key telling me there is an invalid key and auctions is shut down... I didn't change anything in auctions relating to that key FOR SURE.

So, I don't know if reinstalling it will make any difference - since when it is up, like at this moment, it works fine. I just bought this not that long ago and the version I got is 3.0.8 - so how now that their site is down, would I even go about getting that file?

Just checking - if I were to try to reinstall I would just install over what is there and tell my ftp to overwrite any differences only -- I assume right? With it being so wonky on the key issue - I'm almost afraid to try.

• Can you make a development site clone of main and try the auctions there without the key?

• Regarding if you need to download it again, no as mine is from several months ago as I have paid licenses as well for many of Brian's products.

• Are you sure your auction is 3.0.8? There are three parts - pbay, cart, bridge.

• edited October 2016

@data66 said:
    Are you sure your auction is 3.0.8? There are three parts - pbay, cart, bridge.

Hi, thanks!

OH shoot - glad you asked - I looked at the wrong file for that - I have Pbay 3.09.14 - Cart 3.12.03 and Bridge is 3.08

I don't use a development site so I would have to install one from scratch -

You said you didn't put the key in. When you look at your admin, does it show the red alert wrong key and does it go to the auctions shut down mode on the config page in your installation? (There is a button at the top of the config page that for me is staying in the off position even though I turn it on - I guess the wrong key notice over rides it.)

Before I install a total new development site - is there anything else not related to the software that comes to mind that I might check on the server end? I've ran database optimization and repair in case it was related but that didn't fix anything.

• Please see my post above as I mentioned that the box says a green verified even without the key. The auction is live.

• I'll test again later after supper though, in case it was a fluke

• edited October 2016

Auction Live tested again today and it's still live.

• Just butting in... Is there a process that must be gone through in order to verify the key? The reason I ask is maybe just going through that verification process will fix the problem (assuming the problem on his server has been fixed - and since data's dev site is showing "Verified" without a key it looks like it is fixed on his server).

• @Kirkus said:
    Just butting in... Is there a process that must be gone through in order to verify the key? The reason I ask is maybe just going through that verification process will fix the problem (assuming the problem on his server has been fixed - and since data's dev site is showing "Verified" without a key it looks like it is fixed on his server).

Thank you Data -- Thank you Kirkus - On the instructions - it was just - upload the module - go to config - enter license key - The key has been in there all along for months since January. So....... I totally don't get what is going on here! The fact that it keeps coming up going down - and the key still says non valid even when the auctions come back up... it has become infuriating. -- I just lost a close family member today, and over the past few days I have not attended to this issue as this passing was expected .... and for a few days I won't be able to address this either until the funeral and other things are final. I'll be back as soon as I can if there is anymore input or with further info. Much appreciation for the help.

• @Safari I'm sorry for your loss. I'll try this on my live site after work.
    @Kirkus - yes it validates via his server but his site is down.

Kirkus
  • It turns out I am having the same issue showing invalid key. I didn't notice before when I posted the errors I was having because the stores and products all show up. But, I when I try to purchase something it times out every time. Whats odd is that it shows the key is valid and works fine on my development site which is just in the development folder on the same server using the same database.

If his server is down for good, is there a way to get around the validation?

• I'm testing a solution for this as well.

TGP
  • Ok the solution I have works but for licensed installs.

TGPsocialnetworker
  • What happened with this? The phpfoxmods.net site has disappeared, and I am having the same problem, being told my license key is invalid.

Any solutions?

• Yes. We offer a service to restore it and have permission from Brandon to do so. It is a paid service. Minimal fee.

vizrutaKirkus
  • @data66 said:
    Yes. We offer a service to restore it and have permission from Brandon to do so. It is a paid service. Minimal fee.

hey data, i have the same issue: invalid liscence. how do i buy your service to fix this issue?

• Please click the Support link in the top of the site and send us a ticket to our BryZar. We'll make an invoice for you and schedule the fix. Note that it is a source edit for this add on and also a database change in one table of the add on.

Kirkusbeast-usa