Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

SocialEngine Sales Observation

I deal with multiple different companies online so needless to say, I own a large number of plugins, themes, etc. So, when it came to winning runner up in SE's mascot naming contest, one would think if the discount couldn't be used towards a certain product because it's already owned (or is completely unnecessary to purchase another), SE Sales would make allowances for the discount to be used for something different? Unlike many other companies who are willing to work with you, SE Sales is not one of those. Although, I imagine the sales department has policies that constrain them from making allowances for specific situations such as mine. Anyhow, I'm not complaining..it is what it is. Just thought others should be aware of such stringent SE Sales policies as well.

Comparatively speaking, I'd like to mention one company (among may others) that go above and beyond; SocialEngineAddOns. That's why I own 99.9% of their plugins.

Chat transcript

Name: MDNobles

Kyle    Wed, 09/27/17 03:02:30 pm America/Chicago   

Hi there, any questions about SocialEngine? I'm based at our office in LA and am happy to help.

MDNobles    03:02:43 pm     

Afternoon Kyle...

Kyle    03:02:50 pm     

Hello! How can I help you today?

MDNobles    03:05:32 pm     

Back when you guys had the mascot naming contest, I was first runner up. Since I already have 5 licenses through two accounts with you guys I really don't need another. Rather than accepting the 35% discount for another license as a consolation prize, could that 35% discount be applied for something else? Maybe the Atlas template?
*Theme

Kyle    03:06:44 pm     

The Mascot coupons would only be redeemable for purchasing a SocialEngine License. Unfortunatley we would not be able to use that coupon toward a different product.

Duration: 6m 7s 

Comments

• Hi @MDNobles
    I understand your point but the Atlas theme is already discounted for its debut. :) I actually purchased it at its current price. I can find out if that's still going to go up though in case you do want to buy it at a lower price.
    Sorry you weren't happy with the policy regarding exchanging the discount for another item. We'll have other contests in the future and perhaps can change the terms for those.

MDNobles
  • hello , please i have an online christian community to build , which has the following features such as , 2 type of timeline (public & private) online tv , online radio broadcasting , prayer wall forum , dream interpretation forum , fundraising charity , event , testimony section , groups , following & follower , like , and thanks , email notification , questionnaire and survey, then the theme structure will be different from other social community out there , please kindly advise me on which team to use that will build this from scratch .......

• emilox202, have you settled on whether or not you are using SE or phpFox?

• If using SE, try SocialEngineSolutions. If using fox, they are owned by younet so I have no idea who you could use other than Cespiritual as the rest of the ones I would have recommended left.

• Also, use cazaratech hosting.

• fox is actually finally improving ( a little ) in the most recent update
    still nothing on what it was but it appears to be gaining some progress now in returning to its former glory
    still take some time to get there

• @DuCarlion said:
    fox is actually finally improving ( a little ) in the most recent update
    still nothing on what it was but it appears to be gaining some progress now in returning to its former glory
    still take some time to get there

Do you know if there is a socialengine migration to phpfox v4 script?

• Moving already? 4.10 is about to release.

• @max99 said:
    Do you know if there is a socialengine migration to phpfox v4 script?

i have no actual clue or experience at all with the migrations between the two scripts
    there may be something in phpfox marketplace but im no where near sure there

• I will wait longer if I can but even with the new version of SE out it still doesn't do many things in the admin that fox did and its causing me a lot of extra work daily. My members are having issues and a site that was once busy is now dying and my members are angry at me. Losing my *** with no membership upgrades hardly.

Not sure if V 4 of fox is getting any better so Im in limbo. I just know I never had this many issues before with Fox and I had almost every 3rd party plugin available and it ran like a top. rarely ever an issue for me. I may have been lucky. 7 or 8 years steady.

I know SE is heading in the right direction, but right now its just too many issues and missing too much admin wise.....Looking at my options. hope SE gets some of these functions and we get a bigger selection of certified plugins....

• PhpFox is improving slowly and I don't know how this works but they did announce this in December I think....

https://store.phpfox.com/product/1861/se-importer