Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

editing page data

Hi guys i want to edit page data without typing the whole text. I was hoping to copy text from my source ( ms word file) and paste it ( on page data of new created page)but here in v4 it doesnt work any help is being appreciated. i am using v4.5

Tagged:

Comments

• Don't ever use ms word for coding or adding to your site. Use something such as notepad++ or sublime text, Komodo, Brackets.

• Other than that, can you explain more of what you are trying to do?

• okay on the e.g. Terms on footer i wanted to paste Terms and conditions of using our site text is prepared / typed by Ms Word so i wanted to copy it from word and paste it on the page data. just like normal copy / paste in other MS programs..

• That is not a good idea. MS word can have hidden formatting code. You need to use a text editor such as the ones I mentioned in order to ensure that no hidden formatting code gets entered.

• You should be able to copy the text you want from MS Word and paste it into one of the text editors I mentioned, which are all free, and then save it in that. After you save it, you should be able to copy and paste from the text editor into your page.

• Did it work for you?