Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

Edit picture types & sizes

:) Yep here again with more questions! Data don't run to the other room! LOL

OK so my members are pretty friendly, funny & happy people. They love to post funny stuff which I'm good with that.

Here is what I would like to do not sure it can be done or how to do it. (Data this would be a nice plugin :) :) )
I have already changed the max size of pictures to 1600x1600 and the site "Social Engine 4" is resizing them according to where you see them. Which is a good thing but I would like to let my members post animated gif's in comments. Since the site re-sizes pictures it removes the animation.

So I could turn-off resizing of all pictures which I can see that being a huge problem with people uploading 6000x6000 pictures!

What I would like to do is set, add or edit the code so it only resizes certain extensions? And set .gif's to a maximum size of lets say 256kbs with no re-sizing. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to read to do this?

Thanks as always to the great Script Techs community!

data66

Comments

• Wait for 4.9 as it has animated gif support. :) It will be released soon. Well soon enough but for now just let them know that the feature is coming.

beast-usa
  • Wahoo cool thanks!

data66