All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial
. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
Vanilla Forum - ScriptTechs
So, we've got our new forum using Vanilla 2.2.1, the latest stable release. There is an improved 2.3 version that looks great! For now though, we have 2.2.1 as we wanted to launch this on a stable release.
- This forum loads very fast.
- It has a great global search - go ahead and try it!
- It allows markdown! Takes some getting used to but it is improved in 2.3 too.
- You can use username tags in threads to call attention to it, if trying to ping someone to look.
- It has smileys
- I was able to make a footer menu (manual), add to the top menu (manual) and change the header color and remove the "keep me logged in" fairly easily with a custom theme made from cloning default as their documents said. Wasn't hard. **Note that we now have a custom theme by TemplateMechanic
- Categories are so easy to manage.
- User permissions for the forum are easy to manage and make private areas.
- Very light Activity feed.
- You can save a draft of your post.
- You can see a preview of your post.
- It lacks Likes/Thanks/Creds for now.
- As mentioned above, I had to hard code menus as there is no menu manager.
- I needed to put the terms and privacy in the coded areas made for them. (still need to add footer links I think)
- Mail - you need to type the username of the person you want to send to. Just start typing and it will show a list for you.