Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

PHPFox v3.9 - Delete messages?

Hey this is a silly one - How does a user delete messages on this version? I see Archive and Mark as Unread but no delete????

Tagged:

Comments

• That's the issue with threaded. There is no delete. The archive is the remove though. I don't use threaded due to the massive overhead that I think is made from the no delete due to the threaded nature of it. Mandi has a solution on her site by Webwolf though. I don't know if it creates any database integrity issues but you could ask either of them about it. @Webwolf and @Mandi are both on this forum. :)

• I wonder if auto delete old messages purges archived messages....

• I don't know as threaded mail can be with several people and so deleting it is different than standard mail.

• How it works is by purging mail that is older than a set amount of days. That way, it's removing the message itself and not disrupting the integrity of the threads themselves. It was done by @steward Not sure if he released it or not, or if it was a custom build specifically for my site. Works good though :)

data66
  • I am not all that concerned about space messages take up... I will look at this deeper