Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

PF Neutron 4.5 Sneak Peek

edited September 2016 in phpFox

phpFox has released a sneak peek of Neutron 4.5 and it includes a 5% discount for a license purchase.

No release date posted. #phpFox #socialnetwork

Comments

• i think phpfox should concentrate on mobile app ....as the world is changing so much ..they should keep the pace with the younger generation.

• v4 is fully responsive though.

liviu
  • it depends on country to country...and whether it is responsive or not..people in my country prefer mobile app than the responsiveness ....for them a website is addiction rather than usefulness...hence i strictly prefer an app to make a website successful in my country

• edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We (ScriptTechs and BryZar) still offer support for phpFox and we use v3 on our main ST site and I also use v3 on my author site. There are still good sites with v3.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • was it a life long ban?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well we hope that ScriptTechs will be a good place to find info on any script and also on various web development tools.

• edited September 2016
  • Well I have quite a few on my computer now. I tried installing jamroom and it had issues for me so it will wait for an evaluation. I have SE, drupal, dolphin, jcow, wordpress - buddypress and peepso, concrete5, vanilla of course, ghost, humhub, Joomla, oxwall, xoops and more. I am looking at them all because we are focusing on any script.

For a social site, SE and Fox are still my faves. I've not tried Moosocial as they don't have a trial version or developer version and I won't pay for one like that to try. Oxwall fell short so far but I'm still digging into it. My dolphin tests were cut short as I needed to work on other things at the time.

Vanilla is my fave and I tried several before, for a forum.

Blog - I still like Wordpress but Ghost is nice. I would not recommend for a social site but if you want a focus on blogs and need small community features, then peepso and buddypress are ok for that. Still, you'll miss the stuff you have already if you have fox or se.

Concrete5 is good for CMS, Drupal is good but has a ton of moving parts.

Joomla - no. Done that one before, got hacked, didn't like it and gave it up.

What I'm looking for? I would say easy of use, polished looking front end that is also user friendly - I don't want to look like an 80's script.
    I want security up the wazoo.
    I want some form of antispam measures.
    Categories with subcategories for classification and organization.
    Some SEO features but you can really handle SEO on your own these days.
    User group management.
    Easy admin interface without all sort of confusion (some that I've tested are just not well planned).
    User privacy.
    About/terms and privacy policy pages
    Easy menu and page management
    Groups - front end groups for a community site
    Editor for blogs (security also needs to be checked)

There's more that I would say but that's off the top of my head. I could do a more comprehensive list if I take the time. Which I just might do this weekend.

liviu
  • 4.5 CKeditor.. will this just be on the blogs section? Or will it be available sitewide? such as the ability to colorize and customize text in the forum and main feed

• It should be in the same places it was available in v3.

• Honestly I was expecting 4.5 to be released by now after the sale announcement but a week later we are still waiting. I am hoping they are not holding up this release which has some bug issues that need to be applied for a link to the help files or the admin demo or trial version as that stuff can be on their time...not ours who are waiting for actually bug issues. Just saying...

• edited September 2016
  • 4.5 was delayed to add some awesome stuff to it. The stuff added is taking more time as it cooks longer.

• @JohnJr said:
    Honestly I was expecting 4.5 to be released by now after the sale announcement but a week later we are still waiting. I am hoping they are not holding up this release which has some bug issues that need to be applied for a link to the help files or the admin demo or trial version as that stuff can be on their time...not ours who are waiting for actually bug issues. Just saying...

delay has nothing to do with that stuff.

JohnJr