Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.
All code examples must follow the Markdown rules as this site uses Markdown. If you don't know how, click here for a tutorial. Any code examples not using Markdown will be deleted.

phpFox is not Ending... It Ended...

edited September 2016 in phpFox

Disclaimer:

This thread has nothing to do with Data66, but rather phpFox the entity... or whatever they are called these days.

I have been away for a few weeks and just saw the blog https://blog.phpfox.com/2016/08/25/phpfox-is-not-ending-celebrate-phpfox-today/ . phpFox in my opinion it ENDED when they lost their identity, credibility, morals, and ethics. With the last nail in the coffin about 18 months ago.

The whole phpFox identity crisis is a cluster... how do I put it politely... mess. There are so many unknows in the viability of this product anymore. Let me start with :-

1. Who actually owns the trademark for phpFox the product? In a previous discussion here, it was discovered that younetco actually owns the trademark (see http://www.tmfile.com/mark/?q=777450490 )

2. When they decided to rob the old timers of the lifetime support that we purchased, I decided to question who phpFox REALLY were and what their REAL address was. This was to file an official complaint with their area of jurisdiction for internet and ecommerce fraud. After days (weeks) of trying to get the information, they came up with a load of cow dung that something to the effect that phpFox had ceased to exist and that Moxi9 had taken over the business but that Benc Enterprises or phpFox or some mixture of those names owned the support and that Moxi9 had nothing to do with the original contracts. A street address was eventually provided for a location in Sweden. And on the record, I filed a ecommerce fraud report with the EU.

And the plot thickens... During the above fiasco, a quick search of phpFox LLC on google http://corporationsearchus.com/California/AgentDetails/HOA-ANH-NGUYEN reveals that Hoa Anh Nguyen is the registered agent of phpFox LLC. Incidentally according to LinkedIn https://vn.linkedin.com/in/hoa-nguyen-a-275a675 is founder of Younetco... Coincidence? I think not.

1. Yesterday, I decided to install v4 and play with it. I confess this is the first version that I have been able to install successfully, the whole app interface in the cp is scary. Many moons ago, I used phpMydirectory which did similar "call homes" when you logged into the adminpanel. Anytime the "call home" server was down, you could not get into the control panel. I don't know whether this is the same, but, I refuse to open a support call, to be charged to find out. Its time to turn on my sniffer and see what information the clowns at moxi9 might be trying to "borrow" from my server / site.

So, the above, ladies and gentlemen, dictates to me that phpFox is not Ending... It Ended; dead to me as the roaches that they have turned themselves to be. Ok, enough of the paranoia... Can anybody make any sense about the above, or when the nonsense will stop? Whatever happened to good ol' transparency?

Happy Friday Y'all.

Disclaimer:

This thread has nothing to do with Data66, but rather phpFox the entity... or whatever they are called these days.

Zixia604

Comments

1. What does it matter who pays fees to uspto.gov for the trademark? I don't see lawsuit coming from phpfox or YouNet. All I see it that now phpfox can't tell YouNet not to use phpfox in a domain or advertising and YouNet of course would be cutting their income stream if they told phpfox not to use it. So benc use it from 2005 - 2009 and then abandon it and YouNet has had it since 2009 (That is 7 years now...) Being that we don't know who owns phpfox.com for sure but since it was purchased in 2005 and ends in 2021 it would be my guess that Phpfox owns it. So we are at a point where both companies have a beneficial reason to continue on...so why is it that your are so worried about it....even if it comes out that benc is a fake company...who cares. Even I thought the product was ending when we first went to V4 but a year later we are doing better than ever for speed and stability and if you can't install it then you need to read the install instructions because I have reinstalled hundreds of times and I have been here a long time and it is the fastest ever with the add-ons installations.

2. Robbing old timers...not sure on that. Don't know how much you paid extra for lifetime support. I do know they use to charge $50 or $75 every six month for continue upgrades which they have not done and for the ones who have not made money yet are very appreciative of that. So if you look at that and the original price we paid back then when I got my 4 licenses at a amazing price that with no upgrade support every six months pretty much made my licenses free.

Congrats phpfox or YouNet or if man on the corner owns it because it is easier to install, looks better, move faster and with only 28 issues (the lowest ever in the history of phpfox a few weeks after an upgrade) I believe you continue on and I did vote for you in the CMS Critic 2016.

JohnJr

• You know it sucks not be able to edit these post. I can't believe how many grammatical mistake I made as well as those imaginable words you say in your head but do not type. :smile: ) After reading that I think of my wife who use to say "English is your second language and you only know one".

data66DenaPliviu
  • @JohnJr said:
    You know it sucks not be able to edit these post. I can't believe how many grammatical mistake I made as well as those imaginable words you say in your head but do not type. :smile: ) After reading that I think of my wife who use to say "English is your second language and you only know one".

Just checked and edit permissions are for one hour after a post so you can do it up until then.

Kirkus
  • edited September 2016

Really...let me check :wink:

Your right...should have proofread it within an hour...my bad ;)

data66
  • I must confess a few of these details have ran through my mind as concerns but the one you mentioned that just lately has concerned me the most is your reference to "call homes."

I wasn't sure if my version, 3+ was doing that or not but it did go through my mind if it was, then if PHPFox went away what would happen?

I would appreciate any clarification on this.

• edited September 2016

If they do...don't know...then I guess as long as you don't make them angry then they would probably do what a few of the developers who I got along with did for me...sent me the code and I looked through it of course and it remove and callback or domain checks.

• As far as I know, and I've been here a while, there is no callback in v3 or v4 that does anything except check the license on installs and upgrades.

DenaPKirkus
  • Have to admit the add-on system is way better than I ever expected. The piece of mind knowing that if a developer did add something it was for everyone which give it a better chance of being found by someone who downloaded it where before you were almost scared to complain something is not right because yeah they may fix it but added something else...you never knew.

Hopefully in the future when phpfox starts charging developers for store items they set up something for the users and developers like github where user can report bugs or issues (so everyone can see) so you don't find out after the purchase that something does not work.

data66DenaPliviu
  • I know for me, I've seen enough uncertainty regarding who actually owns PHPFox to give me pause. I hate v4's looks/designs and no theme will help the items that annoy me, and I see no good reason to switch to something I don't like, with possible owners that have bad reputations. When you search through the forums at ScriptTechs and PHPFox, there are many users that are unhappy with YouNetCo and how they run business. I can't imagine how anyone could look at possible evidence that they may have bought PHPFox and not be concerned.

For me, I'm sticking on v3. If it eventually becomes too outdated or needs more customization than the base script can handle, I'll likely move to a whole different script or save up money to hire someone to customize it further.

PHPFox has pretty much lost their users trust with so many underhanded things going on and no actual official response from them. Any good company would have honored the lifetime support. Any good company would make sure their users aren't kept in the dark about massive changes and would at least try to calm users when they start asking questions. Any good company would work with their developers towards a common goal and helping everyone improve together without stomping on everything that came before it.

So far, PHPFox hasn't shown me lately that they're a good company to bank on for the future. That's just my personal opinion though.

Zixia604DenaP
  • Well this thread explains a lot. My v3 site basically sat dormant for a couple of years. I'm getting ready to relaunch, now with a fresh install of v4 and trying to get a feel for things.

I noticed YouNet has a strong presence (and that their general price structure is higher than I recall, too). To be honest, I used their add-ons years ago and never had a (known) problem. I do know there was concern about their code by those in the know.

It seems that concern is still in place? Well, crap. :(

So, if I hit the lottery, it sounds like the best course of action is to have a hellagood developer to customize edits/features I may need in my community.

data66
  • BryZar is offering some customizations and will have more later on as we expand. Just throwing that out there. We realize that folks will get pricing all over the place though. :)

Kirkus
  • Happy Monday y'all....

Hello,
    Thank you for getting in touch with us.
    In regards to Lifetime Licenses or Lifetime Support, the agreements back then were part of the original company, KonsortTech who owned the phpFox brand, clients, agreements and all data. Benc Enterprises purchased the phpFox brand from KonsortTech but not the clients or agreements that were part of that company.

A few years ago, the Swedish government forced Benc Enterprises to liquidate. At that time, the phpFox brand was transferred to the Moxi9 company. Clients and licenses were not transferred to the new company as any legal process. All of these companies were or are established in Sweden and are Swedish companies. Upon continuing to use the phpFox script, you agreed to the new license and new license terms as stated in the https://phpfox.com website when you originally downloaded the v3 product (Benc Enterprises Company) and v4 product (Moxi9 Company).
    The lifetime support for that v2 product line was a different product as the v3 line changed the database and core and is a new product line completely. The v4 product line is also a different product with a redesigned theme system, redesigned app system and other key differences. Hence, our v2 product line was ended when we announced the end of life and our v3 line recently ended with its end of life announcement.

Should you have legal concerns over the license you originally purchased and any agreements thereof, please address them to Konsort Tech who owns those original agreements.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day and thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

cmscritic here we come :)

• edited September 2016

My candid review of phpFox on cmscritic.com. It might be approved, it might not be... but here it is per verbatim.
    I will make this short and sweet....

phpFox is not worthy of the brand, or lack there off, anymore. Want to know why?

I have been a license holder since 2006 - yes a whole 10 years. I have been threatened on their forums, been banned on their forums, and screwed over by phpFox.

The truth is... they USED to be an awesome company. Their support, or lack there off.... forces you to go to ScriptTechs.com or to phpfoxcamp. Personally, I endorse ScriptTechs.com (story for another day).

So... When I purchased phpFox, of which I have multiple licenses, I was guaranteed lifetime support and lifetime upgrades... And then they went into an identity F'up and decided to kill the support. Enjoy they email that I got from them about 3 months ago....

Hello,
    Thank you for getting in touch with us.
    In regards to Lifetime Licenses or Lifetime Support, the agreements back then were part of the original company, KonsortTech who owned the phpFox brand, clients, agreements and all data. Benc Enterprises purchased the phpFox brand from KonsortTech but not the clients or agreements that were part of that company.
    A few years ago, the Swedish government forced Benc Enterprises to liquidate. At that time, the phpFox brand was transferred to the Moxi9 company. Clients and licenses were not transferred to the new company as any legal process. All of these companies were or are established in Sweden and are Swedish companies. Upon continuing to use the phpFox script, you agreed to the new license and new license terms as stated in the https://phpfox.com website when you originally downloaded the v3 product (Benc Enterprises Company) and v4 product (Moxi9 Company).
    The lifetime support for that v2 product line was a different product as the v3 line changed the database and core and is a new product line completely. The v4 product line is also a different product with a redesigned theme system, redesigned app system and other key differences. Hence, our v2 product line was ended when we announced the end of life and our v3 line recently ended with its end of life announcement.
    Should you have legal concerns over the license you originally purchased and any agreements thereof, please address them to Konsort Tech who owns those original agreements.
    Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Have a great day and thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Fair game... I posted this elsewhere, and It tickled a few peoples thoughts....

I have been away for a few weeks and just saw the blog https://blog.phpfox.com/2016/0... . phpFox in my opinion it ENDED when they lost their identity, credibility, morals, and ethics. With the last nail in the coffin about 18 months ago.

The whole phpFox identity crisis is a cluster... how do I put it politely... mess. There are so many unknows in the viability of this product anymore. Let me start with :-

Who actually owns the trademark for phpFox the product? In a previous discussion here, it was discovered that younetco actually owns the trademark (see http://www.tmfile.com/mark/?q=... )

When they decided to rob the old timers of the lifetime support that we purchased, I decided to question who phpFox REALLY were and what their REAL address was. This was to file an official complaint with their area of jurisdiction for internet and ecommerce fraud. After days (weeks) of trying to get the information, they came up with a load of cow dung that something to the effect that phpFox had ceased to exist and that Moxi9 had taken over the business but that Benc Enterprises or phpFox or some mixture of those names owned the support and that Moxi9 had nothing to do with the original contracts. A street address was eventually provided for a location in Sweden. And on the record, I filed a ecommerce fraud report with the EU.

And the plot thickens... During the above fiasco, a quick search of phpFox LLC on google http://corporationsearchus.com... reveals that Hoa Anh Nguyen is the registered agent of phpFox LLC. Incidentally according to LinkedIn https://vn.linkedin.com/in/hoa... is founder of Younetco... Coincidence? I think not.

Yesterday, I decided to install v4 and play with it. I confess this is the first version that I have been able to install successfully, the whole app interface in the cp is scary. Many moons ago, I used phpMydirectory which did similar "call homes" when you logged into the adminpanel. Anytime the "call home" server was down, you could not get into the control panel. I don't know whether this is the same, but, I refuse to open a support call, to be charged to find out. Its time to turn on my sniffer and see what information the clowns at moxi9 might be trying to "borrow" from my server / site.
    So, the above, ladies and gentlemen, dictates to me that phpFox is not Ending... It Ended; dead to me as the roaches that they have turned themselves to be. Ok, enough of the paranoia... Can anybody make any sense about the above, or when the nonsense will stop? Whatever happened to good ol' transparency?

Hello,
    Thanks for getting back to us.

Clients with lifetime licenses can contact KonsortTech, which is a Swedish based company. If you wish to contact Moxi9 AB, which is the current company maintaining the client database the address can be found here:

https://goo.gl/maps/uExyezHFe3...

The company registration number in the EU is: 556848-7366
    As we mentioned earlier, lifetime license is for the lifetime of a products life, which has changed several times over the past few years, including the change in company ownership of the "phpFox" trademark.

If you have any further questions just let us know.

Morale of the story... Buyer beware. You WILL get screwed!

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am Metro on phpFox and on ScriptTechs.Com (The legit Support Forum for phpFox).

• edited September 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hmmmm... All links seem to work on my iPad... I will check and fix on pc later on today. Thanks for the heads up.

I see we both support your theory. However.... Is Raymond real? Or is he the official mascot of the fox conspiracy?

Happy Monday.

vizruta
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @du'carlion Haahaaha... what was that Eminem song... "can the real phpfox please stand up"

liviu
  • Since the current price for the Neutron Pro Phpfox is $599. Can you at least tell us how much extra you paid for the lifetime support for each license?

• edited September 2016

There was no extra fee for the lifetime access to support and downloads. I missed it by just a few months too. Boy I was unhappy about that too, back then. Doesn't matter now though. I do have a lifetime license though that was given to me by someone, that doesn't qualify now for downloads or support (not that I need support). Or it wouldn't have if I hadn't already downloaded v4. It does because I had done it. Any client that has already downloaded v4 should have access to downloads (not support) for that license.

• I think your wrong data...for all the hatred and time spent posting about it has to be several hundred dollars...maybe even over $1,000. Here is a quote indicating lots of money was stolen

@metro said:

When they decided to rob the old timers of the lifetime support that we purchased,

• I know when phpfox.pro ripped me off about $1700 I was not a happy camper.

• edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016

Yes, we all know your low standards of thinking. We are always hopeful you will strive higher.

• edited September 2016
  • JohnJr - When I purchased my licenses, phpFox GUARANTEED in email, Lifetime Support AND Lifetime Updates. Emails that I still have from 10 years ago. Not hating, just stating. I have every right to hate on them - AND I am happily exerting that right.

• edited September 2016
  • Actually I was hoping for something different since you use that image before. I can only assume you have it on your computer to reference when you can't explain what you are thinking.

• edited September 2016
  • Guys... Guys... Please lets keep this civil and to the point.

• edited September 2016